If you are seeking a fantastic value wine tour to visit three of France’s most famous wine regions, look no further! This seven day France wine tour package allows guests to discover the world-renowned wines of Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy with rail travel between each of the regions. Your trip will start in Bordeaux, with an introductory tutored tasting session of six French red wines (including three Bordeaux wines) in a quaint wine bar. The tasting will be accompanied by a platter or cheeses and meats.
GRAPE ESCAPES - France - The Classic!
Essential Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy Multi-Region France Wine Tour
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Multi Region|
|Customizable:||Tours and Itineraries are customizable to fit your specific needs|
|Number of Meals:||7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners|
|Number of Winery Visits:||13 wineries and 1 tasting session|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 50|
|Tour Transport:||4 full day transported tours and a visit on foot in Bordeaux, Reims and Beaune|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends from March to the end of November. |
Essential Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy Multi-Region France Wine Tour
If you are seeking a fantastic value wine tour to visit three of France’s most famous wine regions, look no further! This seven day France wine tour package allows guests to discover the world-renowned wines of Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy with rail travel between each of the regions.
Your trip will start in Bordeaux, with an introductory tutored tasting session of six French red wines (including three Bordeaux wines) in a quaint wine bar, located within walking distance of your hotel. The tasting will be accompanied by a platter or cheeses and meats.
On days two and three, you will meet your guide at a central departure point for a full day transported and guided tour through the
Bordeaux vineyards. On one of the days, you visit the internationally famed left-bank Médoc and the other day, the UNESCO Classified appellation of Saint-Emilion and neighbouring Pomerol. During your tour of the Médoc, you will visit three Châteaux, learning particularly about the Cabernet Sauvignon grape and gaining an insight into what makes those big, bold reds so revered. During your visit to Saint-Emilion and Pomerol, you will discover the singularities of the softer wines, predominantly made from the Merlot grape. You will visit three Châteaux, and your guide will also take you on a walking tour of the picturesque village. During both days, you will learn all about the fascinating wine-making process from press to bottle, and each tour will conclude with a tasting of the Château’s wine. There will be a maximum of sixteen guests on the tour and each Château that you visit will be a Cru Classé estate. On one of the evenings, a three course gourmet dinner will be served in a premium city centre restaurant. Your dinner will be accompanied by three local wines.
After checking out of your hotel in Bordeaux, we will arrange for direct rail travel to Reims (with one platform change at Champagne-Ardennes station) for the second stop on your France wine tour. The journey time is around five hours and both of the hotels that we propose in Reims are within easy walking distance of the station.
The next morning, you will be met at your hotel by an English-speaking specialist driver/guide, who will accompany you throughout the day. En-route to the Champagne vineyards, your guide will regale you with tales and anecdotes of the history of Champagne and its vineyards, introducing you to the particularities of the region. You will stop in a vineyard to learn about the work undertaken here and the tour is designed to be as hands-on as possible. Here, your guide will explain the grape varieties permitted in Champagne and the yearly cycle of the work carried out in the vineyards. You will then firstly visit a small, family-run producer of Champagnes for a full tour of the fascinating Champagne making process from press to bottle, and at least three tastings. A three course lunch with a glass of wine, water and coffee will then be served in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, your guide will take you to another family-run estate, situated in another of the principle regions of Champagne. After a tour of the House, you will taste Champagnes in contrasting style to those tasted during the morning. Ending the day in style, you will then visit Champagne Moët and Chandon, Mercier or Champagne De Castellane in Epernay, for a tour of their cellars followed by a flute of their Champagne.
After a leisurely breakfast and check out, you will have the chance to visit your favorite Champagne House in Reims. Subject to your dates of travel / availability, options include Taittinger, where two Champagnes will be served, GH Mumm to taste their Blanc de Blancs and Blancs de Noirs Champagnes, Pommery to sample their Prestige Cuvée Louise, Ruinart to taste Ruinart Blanc de Blancs or Ruinart rosé followed by their flagship Prestige Cuvée Dom Ruinart, white or rosé and Veuve Clicquot, to enjoy a flute of their celebrated La Grande Dame. Walking distances to the Champagne Houses can be up to 25 minutes, therefore you may prefer to ask your hotel to arrange a taxi for you on the day. Please note that some of these Houses (particularly Veuve Clicquot and Ruinart) are very popular and offer very few tours, therefore early booking is essential.
In the afternoon of day six, you will take the train from Reims to Beaune (via Dijon) and we will of course make the necessary arrangements for you. The journey time is 4 hours 20 minutes and after settling in at your chosen hotel, you will have time to relax and explore the town.
On the morning of day seven, you will meet your English-speaking driver/guide for a full day transported and guided tour of the Burgundy vineyards. You will be transported in an off-road vehicle, allowing access to locations that are usually off-limits. You will visit both the Côte de Beaune and the Côte de Nuits, experiencing the range of wines this prestigious region has to offer.
Chardonnay wines- namely the famous vineyards of Meursault, Puligny- Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet. In addition to white wine, you will also be introduced to the Pinot Noir grape from Pommard, Volnay and Santenay. The morning will conclude with a visit to a nearby domaine in the Côte de Beaune, where the owner will take you on a full tour of the estate and beautiful vaulted cellars, explaining to you all about their wines as you taste them. In the afternoon, you will explore the Côte de Nuits, driving through the famous vineyards of Nuits-Saint-Georges, Vosne-Romanée, Vougeot, Chambolle-Musigny, Morey-Saint-Denis and Gevrey-Chambertin. Your guide will reveal to you the secrets of Burgundy wine whilst you enjoy a glass in the heart of the vineyards. Your time in the Côte de Nuits will then conclude with a visit to a second domaine, for a tour of the estate and cellars and followed by tastings of the estate’s wines. A four course gourmet dinner will be served in a premium city center restaurant, accompanied by two half bottles of local wine, water and coffee.
After checking out of the hotel on day eight, your Grape Escapes France wine tour odyssey will conclude with a final tour and tasting session of six Burgundian wines at a local estate a short walk from the hotel.
Essential Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy Multi-region France Wine Tour
Day one of your France wine tour
- Upon arrival in Bordeaux, check into your chosen hotel in the city center.
- Free afternoon to explore the city and relax.
- Enjoy an early evening tasting session of three Bordeaux wines from the Médoc, St Emilion and Graves. Your wine will be accompanied by a platter of cheeses and meats.
Day two of your France wine tour
- After breakfast, meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point for a full day guided and transported tour of the Médoc, visiting three Châteaux
- In the evening, a three course gourmet dinner will be served in a premium city centre restaurant, accompanied by three local wines.
Day three of your France wine tour
- In the morning, meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point for a full day guided and transported tour of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol, visiting three Châteaux.
Day four of your France wine tour
- After breakfast, check out of the hotel.
- Rail travel will be arranged for you from Bordeaux to Reims (via Champagne-Ardennes).
- Upon arrival, check into your chosen hotel in the city center.
- In your travel pack will be a comprehensive list of recommended restaurants in the city center. We would be pleased to recommend a restaurant and reserve you a table for dinner if required.
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by an English-speaking guide, who will accompany you throughout the day. Your tour day will comprise of:
- Tours and tastings at two small, family-run Champagne Houses.
- A three course lunch with a glass of wine, water and coffee in a local restaurant.
- A tour and a flute or two of Champagne at Moët and Chandon, Mercier or De Castellane.
- You will be taken back to the hotel at the end of the day.
- After breakfast and check out, walk to your favourite prestigious Champagne House in Reims for a full tour of the estate and cellars and a flute or two of their Champagne. Options include Ruinart, Veuve Clicquot, Taittinger, GH Mumm and Pommery.
- ail travel will be arranged for you from Reims to Beaune (via Dijon).
- Check into your chosen hotel in Beaune.
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by an English-speaking driver/guide, who will accompany you on a full day transported tour. Your tour day will comprise of
- Stops at several vineyards in the Côte de Beaune and the Côte de Nuits.
- A tour and tastings at a winery in the Côte de Beaune.
- Free time for lunch.
- A tour and tastings at a winery in the Côte de Nuits.
- A tasting amongst the vines.
- In the evening a four course gourmet dinner will be served in a premium city center restaurant, accompanied by two half bottles of wine, water and coffee.
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel.
- Enjoy a final cellar tour and tasting session with a traditional Burgundian wine-maker. Your knowledgeable host will talk you through tastings of six varied Burgundy wines.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
- Please bear in mind that rail travel on a Sunday can sometimes incur a supplement.
- Stay longer! Just let us know which of the hotels you prefer and we would be delighted to arrange an additional night’s stay.
- Experience the regions’ gastronomy. Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass or two than with a mouth-watering meal. We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget.
- Stay in the vineyards. Why not stay a little longer in your preferred and indulge yourself in a stay in one of our unique rural hotels?
- Fall in love with Paris. Let us put together an itinerary for you in the city of love!
- Discover more French wine regions. As well as trips to Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy, we also arrange holidays to the Loire Valley, the Rhône Valley, Alsace, Provence, Cognac and the Languedoc-Roussillon.
Day five of your France wine tour
Day six of your France wine tour
Day seven of your France wine tour
Final day of your France wine tour
The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 90 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavor to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.